|Map Creator||Deej and UnderscoreD|
"The survivors have approached a small cinema, can they stay alive for the night? Careful not to let your guard down, the zombies are closer than you think!"
Cinema (zps_cinema in the game files) is a small-medium survival map set in a movie theatre undergoing renovations prior to the outbreak. It consists of the parking lot and road outside the cinema, the cinema's lobby, bathrooms, theatres, balcony, projection rooms, and basement. Although the layout seems basic, the map retains a very maze-like nature, even for experienced players. There are multiple theatres, one of which has its own balcony players can access. Cinema is one of the more camp-friendly maps in the game, as it simply comes down to the players reaching the high ground and securing enough doors with barricades and gunfire, much to the zombie team's dismay. Many of the weapons can be found in the basement, but most players tend to avoid entering it, as it is quite labyrinth-like.
- See also: Basic Rules of Survival
- Search for weapons in the basement before the zombies know of your whereabouts.
- Secure the high ground if possible.
- Know where the armor spawns. One piece of armor always spawns in the side alley of the cinema near the human spawn, and another on the second floor near one of the projection rooms.
- Gather as many red hammers as you can, they are located in many places on this map.
- If you're in a tight situation, you can always jump off one of the balconies while being chased.
- The zombies are easy to dispatch if you kite them into the hallways.
- See also: Playing as the Undead
- Try to reach the high ground before the survivors do, that way you can ambush them or sabatoge potential barricades before you must put up with them.
- Remember to check the basement for lone survivors lost looking for weapons.
- If you or your team are attempting to rush a group of well barricaded survivors, it is recommended to have a few zombies waiting outside of their foothold, in the survivors' escape path.
- Try not to patrol the long corridors for too long, as they provide no cover to hide behind to stalk survivors.
- The cinema is filled with movie posters of actual movies. Such movies include: The Shining, Halloween, Days of Darkness, The Zombie Diaries, The Stink of Flesh, Fido, The Blob, The Quick and the Undead, Automaton Transfusion, Muertos Vivos, City of Rott, and 28 Days Later. Most of these films are zombie-themed.
- There is the top-half of a classic Zombie and a burnt corpse from Half-Life 2 in the ticket booth entrance room.
- The movies being played at the time were The Blob, The Stink of Flesh, Days of Darkness, Night of the Comet, and Fido, all of which (excluding The Blob) are zombie-related.